Rotation direction monitoring for heat pumps
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- A heat pump should be protected against rotation in the wrong direction. If the phase sequence is incorrect, the pump must not be switched on. If a phase fails during operation, the heat pump should switch off, and a fault should be indicated.
- A voltage monitor monitors the phase sequence and phase failure. If the heat pump is connected incorrectly or if the sequence of phases changes during operation, the heat pump cannot be switched on, or is disconnected from the power supply immediately. Monitoring the asymmetry detects the failure of a phase and protects the heat pump against possible damage. Even when reverse voltage is generated when the motor continues to run on two phases.
- - Prevention of damage to the heat pump by reliable detection and shutdown in the event of an incorrect rotation direction or phase failure
- Prevention of unnecessary guarantee incidents in connection with damage caused by factors beyond the control of the operator
This might be of interest for you
No entries found.
Monitoring emergency lighting system
An undervoltage monitoring relay with a fixed switching threshold at 0.85% of the nominal voltage is needed for emergency lighting systems. Two changeover…
Switch cabinet heating
Monitoring the switch cabinet heater for defects.
Building navigation lights
LED navigation lights on taller buildings and towers in the vicinity of airports should be monitored.
Emergency power monitoring
Phase failure for the operating theatre ventilation systems in hospitals is to be recognized as quickly as possible and the system is to be switched over to an…
Lamp failure detection
Lamp failure detection in a lift car.
Fountain fill level
The fill level must be monitored in fountains so that the water pump can be activated when the water level is too low.