Rotation direction monitoring for heat pumps
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- A heat pump should be protected against rotation in the wrong direction. If the phase sequence is incorrect, the pump must not be switched on. If a phase fails during operation, the heat pump should switch off, and a fault should be indicated.
- A voltage monitor monitors the phase sequence and phase failure. If the heat pump is connected incorrectly or if the sequence of phases changes during operation, the heat pump cannot be switched on, or is disconnected from the power supply immediately. Monitoring the asymmetry detects the failure of a phase and protects the heat pump against possible damage. Even when reverse voltage is generated when the motor continues to run on two phases.
- - Prevention of damage to the heat pump by reliable detection and shutdown in the event of an incorrect rotation direction or phase failure
- Prevention of unnecessary guarantee incidents in connection with damage caused by factors beyond the control of the operator
This might be of interest for you
No entries found.
Loading docklight control
The light on the loading dock and in the warehouse is often on all night even though no one needs it.
The slippage or breakage of a V-belt should be signalled to a control room.
Emergency power monitoring
Phase failure for the operating theatre ventilation systems in hospitals is to be recognized as quickly as possible and the system is to be switched over to an…
Power source switchover
When the voltage falls below 0.85 times the nominal voltage for longer than 0.5 seconds, the system must switch over from the normal power supply to the…
Continuous operation detection
Preventing the destruction of a compressor due to continuous operation after an air hose becomes defective.
Sty ventilation system monitoring
The ventilation of a pigsty must be ensured. If the system fails, the animals could die.