Rotation direction monitoring for heat pumps
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- A heat pump should be protected against rotation in the wrong direction. If the phase sequence is incorrect, the pump must not be switched on. If a phase fails during operation, the heat pump should switch off, and a fault should be indicated.
- A voltage monitor monitors the phase sequence and phase failure. If the heat pump is connected incorrectly or if the sequence of phases changes during operation, the heat pump cannot be switched on, or is disconnected from the power supply immediately. Monitoring the asymmetry detects the failure of a phase and protects the heat pump against possible damage. Even when reverse voltage is generated when the motor continues to run on two phases.
- - Prevention of damage to the heat pump by reliable detection and shutdown in the event of an incorrect rotation direction or phase failure
- Prevention of unnecessary guarantee incidents in connection with damage caused by factors beyond the control of the operator
This might be of interest for you
No entries found.
Monitoring of smoke extraction fans
Function monitors should be installed for smoke extraction fans that must run without motor protection, and possibly until they fail, in the event of a fire.
Power source switchover
When the voltage falls below 0.85 times the nominal voltage for longer than 0.5 seconds, the system must switch over from the normal power supply to the…
Switch cabinet heating
Monitoring the switch cabinet heater for defects.
Re-cooling system monitoring
The overloading of the re-cooling systems in a data centre is prevented.
When the lights fail in public buildings (such as schools) because of undervoltage, the emergency lighting systems must be activated in publicly accessible…
Lamp failure detection
Lamp failure detection in a lift car.