Rotation direction monitoring for heat pumps
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- A heat pump should be protected against rotation in the wrong direction. If the phase sequence is incorrect, the pump must not be switched on. If a phase fails during operation, the heat pump should switch off, and a fault should be indicated.
- A voltage monitor monitors the phase sequence and phase failure. If the heat pump is connected incorrectly or if the sequence of phases changes during operation, the heat pump cannot be switched on, or is disconnected from the power supply immediately. Monitoring the asymmetry detects the failure of a phase and protects the heat pump against possible damage. Even when reverse voltage is generated when the motor continues to run on two phases.
- - Prevention of damage to the heat pump by reliable detection and shutdown in the event of an incorrect rotation direction or phase failure
- Prevention of unnecessary guarantee incidents in connection with damage caused by factors beyond the control of the operator
This might be of interest for you
No entries found.
Operating range monitoring
Multiple fans driven by multiple motors are connected to a frequency converter. The internal monitoring systems in the frequency converter cannot recognise the…
Building ventilation systems
Functional monitoring of V-belt-driven fans in technical building systems.
Emergency power monitoring
Phase failure for the operating theatre ventilation systems in hospitals is to be recognized as quickly as possible and the system is to be switched over to an…
Monitoring of a cold store door
This is designed to prevent the cold store door from being open for too long while the cooling continues to run.
Voltage dip detection
Very short voltage dips cause some components in a heating control system to fail, while others continue to function. This interrupts the control circuit, and…
Manure removal systememergency stop
Monitoring of the manure removal system. The conveyor system must switch off when it is blocked by animals or a stoppage.