Pump control to reduce water hammering in the pipe system
- Product category:
- Power electronics
- Centrifugal Pumps
- Liquid Waste Processing System
- Sewage Pumps
- Submersible Motor-Driven Pumps
- Water & Waste
- Christian P-4.0
- Data sheet:
- Prevent water hammering the pipes during start and stop of centrifugal water pumps.
That topic is essential for all pipe systems that include flexible tubes, which are connected
to the main pipe via snap in fittings/couplings. That arrangement is typically used in temporary water supplies, green houses, dosing systems for pools, agricultural applications.
- Christian P-4.0 with soft start and soft stop increases the water pressure in the pipe in a controlled way. The pump does not generate water hammering the pipes during start. In event of stopping the pump, check valves will not shut immediate due to the reverse pressure of the water and avoid a pressure peak. Soft stopping enables the check valve to shut moderately fast without any hammer effect and also increases life time of the valves.
- The soft starter CHRISTIAN P-4.0 with all components integrated (by-pass relay, soft start and softs stop, blocking protection) is extremely small, only 22,5mm width, and can be controlled by simple digital outputs without any additional electric components. You save space, components, maintenance during operation and therefore costs.
This might be of interest for you
No entries found.
Current monitoring for pump stations
Plug-in monitoring relays are installed in the pump stations of many hydropower plants. These devices are intended to allow for quick and safe replacement in…
Prevent elevator shaft from water damage
The TELE Pegelmonitor V4LM4S30 protects elevators and escalators from water water damage.
Simple throughput measurement for a centrifugal pump.
Short circuit monitoring
Pumps are monitored with PTC resistors or thermal contacts. When PTC resistors are used, the sensor cable should be monitored for short circuits. The available…
Waste incineration system screw conveyor
Shutdown of the screw conveyor in the event of overload.
Sewage plant rake drive
The goal is to monitor a sewage plant rake for overload, and to switch it off when it is blocked by large pieces of wood.