Operating range monitoring
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Multiple fans driven by multiple motors are connected to a frequency converter. The internal monitoring systems in the frequency converter cannot recognise the failure of an individual fan.
- The permissible operating range of the electric motor for each fan is monitored with a cos phi monitoring unit using the “under” function. As soon as the cos phi leaves the acceptable range, for example because of a load reduction due to a defective V-belt or a dirty filter, the relay output is tripped, and the higher-level control system can recognise the fault.
- - Fast and low-cost monitoring, simple retrofit
- No sensor needed in the air channel – relevant for dust, heat and aggressive exhaust gases
- Lower maintenance requirements than for direct measurement in the air channel
- Measuring relay suitable for use with frequency converters
This might be of interest for you
No entries found.
Fountain fill level
The fill level must be monitored in fountains so that the water pump can be activated when the water level is too low.
Passenger lift lighting
The function of the lighting in a passenger lift is monitored. If all lights fail, the lift may no longer be used.
Switch cabinet heating
Monitoring the switch cabinet heater for defects.
Monitoring emergency lighting system
An undervoltage monitoring relay with a fixed switching threshold at 0.85% of the nominal voltage is needed for emergency lighting systems. Two changeover…
Continuous operation detection
Preventing the destruction of a compressor due to continuous operation after an air hose becomes defective.
Emergency power monitoring
Phase failure for the operating theatre ventilation systems in hospitals is to be recognized as quickly as possible and the system is to be switched over to an…