Monitoring of smoke extraction fans
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Function monitors should be installed for smoke extraction fans that must run without motor protection, and possibly until they fail, in the event of a fire.
- The use of auxiliary contacts on motor contactors for functional monitoring is not recognised by TÜV because the fan power supply line could also be interrupted. The use of a current monitoring system with the undercurrent function clearly detects whether or not the smoke extraction fan is actually running. If the current being drawn by the fan falls below the threshold, this clearly signals that the fan is not running.
- - Detection of fan and system faults without sensors
- Fire protection function
- Compact unit and good value
This might be of interest for you
No entries found.
Emergency power monitoring
Phase failure for the operating theatre ventilation systems in hospitals is to be recognized as quickly as possible and the system is to be switched over to an…
Sty ventilation system monitoring
The ventilation of a pigsty must be ensured. If the system fails, the animals could die.
Emergency power supply
It must be ensured that the emergency power system is switched on within 30 ms when the lighting power supply fails.
Rotation direction monitoring for heat pumps
A heat pump should be protected against rotation in the wrong direction. If the phase sequence is incorrect, the pump must not be switched on. If a phase fails…
The slippage or breakage of a V-belt should be signalled to a control room.
Furnace feed screw
Sequential control of 2 feed screws for a wood chip heating system.