Short-circuit protectionfor the manufacture ofglass laboratory flasks
- Industrial Plant
- Gefran GTF Xtra
- Data sheet:
- Flask for pharmaceuticals are produced via the oxyfuel process, in which temperatures surpass 1,600 °C with the aid of an electric booster. Fluctuations in electrical resistance within the molten glass can cause the load current to intermittently exceed safety limits.
- The Gefran GTF Xtra thyristor controller from TELE with integrated short-circuit protection monitors the electrical heating circuit. If the amperage exceeds a preset limit, the device interrupts the circuit before an overload can cause problems for production. No blown fuses must be replaced and no circuit breakers need to be switched on again. In applications where sporadic short circuits can occur, the Xtra overcurrent protection puts the system in a standby state to allow the system to be manually (locally or remotely) or automatically (through a delay) switched back on. Restart with a soft start ramp will determine whether a permanent short-circuit occured, whereby possible repair requirements are optionally signaled with an alarm.
- - Fast, reliable, and secure protection for critical heating processes
- Protection of heating systems against damage due to high residual currents
- Automatic, continuous, and repeatable protection
- o need for the stockpiling and changing of fuses
- No re-closing of circuit breakers
- Greater availability, less downtime, increased productivity
- Easy re-closure with no special training or equipment required
May I help you?
Can't find what you're looking for? Please don't hesitate to contact me.
This might be of interest for you
No entries found.
Short-circuit protectionfor the production ofblow-molded containers
The short-circuit proof Gefran thyristor controller from TELE increases availability for the manufacture of blow-molded containers.
Chipper blockage should be recognised quickly. Monitoring of 2 overload thresholds: threshold 1 = reverse, threshold 2 = shutdown
Crane obstruction lighting
The function of obstruction lighting on a construction crane should be monitored.
Baking cabinet exhaust fan
The functioning of the exhaust fan in a baking cabinet must be monitored. When no air is being moved, for example because the impeller is damaged, a fault…
A blockage of the shredder blades should be recognised quickly.
Feed pump monitoring
The feed pump at a natural gas fuel station must be monitored for dry running. If no LNG is being pumped, the pump must be switched off.