Short-circuit protectionfor the manufacture ofglass laboratory flasks
Flask for pharmaceuticals are produced via the oxyfuel process, in which temperatures surpass 1,600 °C with the aid of an electric booster. Fluctuations in electrical resistance within the molten glass can cause the load current to intermittently exceed safety limits.
The Gefran GTF Xtra thyristor controller from TELE with integrated short-circuit protection monitors the electrical heating circuit. If the amperage exceeds a preset limit, the device interrupts the circuit before an overload can cause problems for production. No blown fuses must be replaced and no circuit breakers need to be switched on again. In applications where sporadic short circuits can occur, the Xtra overcurrent protection puts the system in a standby state to allow the system to be manually (locally or remotely) or automatically (through a delay) switched back on. Restart with a soft start ramp will determine whether a permanent short-circuit occured, whereby possible repair requirements are optionally signaled with an alarm.
– Fast, reliable, and secure protection for critical heating processes
– Protection of heating systems against damage due to high residual currents
– Automatic, continuous, and repeatable protection
– o need for the stockpiling and changing of fuses
– No re-closing of circuit breakers
– Greater availability, less downtime, increased productivity
– Easy re-closure with no special training or equipment required