Short-circuit protectionfor the manufacture ofglass laboratory flasks
- Gefran GTF Xtra
- Data sheet:
- Flask for pharmaceuticals are produced via the oxyfuel process, in which temperatures surpass 1,600 °C with the aid of an electric booster. Fluctuations in electrical resistance within the molten glass can cause the load current to intermittently exceed safety limits.
- The Gefran GTF Xtra thyristor controller from TELE with integrated short-circuit protection monitors the electrical heating circuit. If the amperage exceeds a preset limit, the device interrupts the circuit before an overload can cause problems for production. No blown fuses must be replaced and no circuit breakers need to be switched on again. In applications where sporadic short circuits can occur, the Xtra overcurrent protection puts the system in a standby state to allow the system to be manually (locally or remotely) or automatically (through a delay) switched back on. Restart with a soft start ramp will determine whether a permanent short-circuit occured, whereby possible repair requirements are optionally signaled with an alarm.
- - Fast, reliable, and secure protection for critical heating processes
- Protection of heating systems against damage due to high residual currents
- Automatic, continuous, and repeatable protection
- o need for the stockpiling and changing of fuses
- No re-closing of circuit breakers
- Greater availability, less downtime, increased productivity
- Easy re-closure with no special training or equipment required
This might be of interest for you
No entries found.
Metering pump dry running protection
The metering pumps in a paint production plant should be prevented from running dry.
When the lights fail in public buildings (such as schools) because of undervoltage, the emergency lighting systems must be activated in publicly accessible…
Machine tool ventilation
A ventilation system must be switched on at the same time that the machine is switched on.
Activation and deactivation of a uninterruptible power supply (UPS)
Bandsaw splitting machine
A bandsaw splitting machine is used where blocks and panels of rubber and PE foam are to be cut in half or into thin layers.
After the system is switched off, the extraction system should continue to run for a certain time to ensure that no sawdust remains on the machine.