Short-circuit protectionfor the manufacture ofglass laboratory flasks
- Industrial Plant
- Gefran GTF Xtra
- Data sheet:
- Flask for pharmaceuticals are produced via the oxyfuel process, in which temperatures surpass 1,600 °C with the aid of an electric booster. Fluctuations in electrical resistance within the molten glass can cause the load current to intermittently exceed safety limits.
- The Gefran GTF Xtra thyristor controller from TELE with integrated short-circuit protection monitors the electrical heating circuit. If the amperage exceeds a preset limit, the device interrupts the circuit before an overload can cause problems for production. No blown fuses must be replaced and no circuit breakers need to be switched on again. In applications where sporadic short circuits can occur, the Xtra overcurrent protection puts the system in a standby state to allow the system to be manually (locally or remotely) or automatically (through a delay) switched back on. Restart with a soft start ramp will determine whether a permanent short-circuit occured, whereby possible repair requirements are optionally signaled with an alarm.
- - Fast, reliable, and secure protection for critical heating processes
- Protection of heating systems against damage due to high residual currents
- Automatic, continuous, and repeatable protection
- o need for the stockpiling and changing of fuses
- No re-closing of circuit breakers
- Greater availability, less downtime, increased productivity
- Easy re-closure with no special training or equipment required
May I help you?
Can't find what you're looking for? Please don't hesitate to contact me.
This might be of interest for you
No entries found.
Activation and deactivation of a uninterruptible power supply (UPS)
After the system is switched off, the extraction system should continue to run for a certain time to ensure that no sawdust remains on the machine.
Sorting system lighting
Monitoring the lights in quartz and stone sorting systems for failure/faults.
Controlling electric heater elements and infrared lamps
The combination of OVP1 and the space saving thyristorstack TST1-230 is perfect for controlling IR lamps and fast reacting heaters.
Backdrop and light hoist
The overloading of theatre backdrop and light hoists should be prevented.
Automatic fan control of drying chamber
The monitoring relais E3IF500mAAC20 controls automatic start/stop of auxiliary drives.