Short-circuit protectionfor shaft furnaces
- Gefran GTF Xtra
- Data sheet:
- Conductive carbon dust is produced by abrasion in the shaft furnaces usually used for gas nitriding, which is a common cause of short-circuits in the heating elements. These short-circuits are only temporary, but in furnaces protected by fuses or circuit breakers, they interrupt the process until the fuse is replaced or the power switch is turned back on. This results in damage to the heat-treated products.
- The Gefran GTF Xtra thyristor controller from TELE with integrated short-circuit protection monitors the electrical heating circuit. If the amperage exceeds a preset limit, the device interrupts the circuit before an overload can cause problems for production. No blown fuses must be replaced and no circuit breakers need to be switched on again. In applications where sporadic short circuits can occur, the Xtra overcurrent protection puts the system in a standby state to allow the system to be manually (locally or remotely) or automatically (through a delay) switched back on. Restart with a soft start ramp will determine whether a permanent short-circuit occured, whereby possible repair requirements are optionally signaled with an alarm.
- - Fast, reliable, and secure protection for critical heating processes
- Protection of heating systems against damage due to high residual currents
- Automatic, continuous, and repeatable protection
- o need for the stockpiling and changing of fuses
- No re-closing of circuit breakers
- Greater availability, less downtime, increased productivity
- Easy re-closure with no special training or equipment required
This might be of interest for you
No entries found.
Baking cabinet exhaust fan
The functioning of the exhaust fan in a baking cabinet must be monitored. When no air is being moved, for example because the impeller is damaged, a fault…
Lathe chip conveyor
System shutdown in the event of overload and blockage.
Metering pump dry running protection
The metering pumps in a paint production plant should be prevented from running dry.
Portable, 3-phase industrial vacuums that are supplied with power through a plug may not start when the phase sequence is incorrect or a phase has failed.
Chipper blockage should be recognised quickly. Monitoring of 2 overload thresholds: threshold 1 = reverse, threshold 2 = shutdown
Chip conveyor blockage
A blockage of a chip conveyor should be recognised quickly.