Short-circuit protectionfor shaft furnaces
- Industrial Plant
- Gefran GTF Xtra
- Data sheet:
- Conductive carbon dust is produced by abrasion in the shaft furnaces usually used for gas nitriding, which is a common cause of short-circuits in the heating elements. These short-circuits are only temporary, but in furnaces protected by fuses or circuit breakers, they interrupt the process until the fuse is replaced or the power switch is turned back on. This results in damage to the heat-treated products.
- The Gefran GTF Xtra thyristor controller from TELE with integrated short-circuit protection monitors the electrical heating circuit. If the amperage exceeds a preset limit, the device interrupts the circuit before an overload can cause problems for production. No blown fuses must be replaced and no circuit breakers need to be switched on again. In applications where sporadic short circuits can occur, the Xtra overcurrent protection puts the system in a standby state to allow the system to be manually (locally or remotely) or automatically (through a delay) switched back on. Restart with a soft start ramp will determine whether a permanent short-circuit occured, whereby possible repair requirements are optionally signaled with an alarm.
- - Fast, reliable, and secure protection for critical heating processes
- Protection of heating systems against damage due to high residual currents
- Automatic, continuous, and repeatable protection
- o need for the stockpiling and changing of fuses
- No re-closing of circuit breakers
- Greater availability, less downtime, increased productivity
- Easy re-closure with no special training or equipment required
May I help you?
Can't find what you're looking for? Please don't hesitate to contact me.
This might be of interest for you
No entries found.
Industrial vacuum filter cleaning
The filters in industrial vacuums become clogged after a time. The vacuum is run in alternating suction and pressure mode to clean the filter.
Bandsaw splitting machine
A bandsaw splitting machine is used where blocks and panels of rubber and PE foam are to be cut in half or into thin layers.
The consistency of the material to be agitated should remain constant.
Controlling electric heater elements and infrared lamps
The combination of OVP1 and the space saving thyristorstack TST1-230 is perfect for controlling IR lamps and fast reacting heaters.
Lathe chip conveyor
System shutdown in the event of overload and blockage.
Mobile communications transmitter station
System faults and failures in mobile communications transmitter stations as a result of poor power supply quality (undervoltage, phase failure) should be…