Short-circuit protectionfor the production ofblow-molded containers
- Gefran GTF Xtra
- Data sheet:
- In the blow molding process, the knife for cutting and sealing the laminated blow-molded container must be heated to a high temperature. This is usually done using transformers that generate very high currents. Sporadic contacts between the unprotected heated knives and the press frame can lead to temporary short-circuits that require immediate interruption of the power supply, in order to prevent dangerous saturation of the transformer.
- The Gefran GTF Xtra thyristor controller from TELE with integrated short-circuit protection monitors the electrical heating circuit. If the amperage exceeds a preset limit, the device interrupts the circuit before an overload can cause problems for production. No blown fuses must be replaced and no circuit breakers need to be switched on again. In applications where sporadic short circuits can occur, the Xtra overcurrent protection puts the system in a standby state to allow the system to be manually (locally or remotely) or automatically (through a delay) switched back on. Restart with a soft start ramp will determine whether a permanent short-circuit occured, whereby possible repair requirements are optionally signaled with an alarm.
- - Fast, reliable, and secure protection for critical heating processes
- Protection of heating systems against damage due to high residual currents
- Automatic, continuous, and repeatable protection
- o need for the stockpiling and changing of fuses
- No re-closing of circuit breakers
- Greater availability, less downtime, increased productivity
- Easy re-closure with no special training or equipment required
This might be of interest for you
No entries found.
Metering pump dry running protection
The metering pumps in a paint production plant should be prevented from running dry.
Baking cabinet exhaust fan
The functioning of the exhaust fan in a baking cabinet must be monitored. When no air is being moved, for example because the impeller is damaged, a fault…
Detergent should be injected for a certain period of time in the bottle washing machine.
Monitoring of a fan motor for V-belt breakage or slippage.
Bandsaw splitting machine
A bandsaw splitting machine is used where blocks and panels of rubber and PE foam are to be cut in half or into thin layers.
Plastic contour cutting machine
Switching on additional ventilation of a frequency-controlled drive motor on a contour cutting machine for plastic.