- Other applications
- When the lights fail in public buildings (such as schools) because of undervoltage, the emergency lighting systems must be activated in publicly accessible areas.
- The voltage relay monitors the 3 phases of the supply voltage in the switch cabinet.
When the voltage level falls below the set threshold of 85% of the nominal voltage in one of the 3 phases, an installation contact switches the emergency lights on.
When the supply voltage returns to the nominal level, the emergency lights are then switched off after a short delay (implemented with a delayed-action timing relay) and the normal lighting system is switched on.
- - Personal protection / prevention of accidents
- Indication of undervoltage / the failure of each individual phase
- Fulfils the VDE 0108-100 and VDE 0100-718 standards
This might be of interest for you
No entries found.
Door contact monitoring
Monitoring doors/door contacts at remote buildings (dock sheds) to detect unauthorised opening
Power source switchover
When the voltage falls below 0.85 times the nominal voltage for longer than 0.5 seconds, the system must switch over from the normal power supply to the…
Operating range monitoring
Multiple fans driven by multiple motors are connected to a frequency converter. The internal monitoring systems in the frequency converter cannot recognise the…
Rotation direction monitoring for heat pumps
A heat pump should be protected against rotation in the wrong direction. If the phase sequence is incorrect, the pump must not be switched on. If a phase fails…
Building ventilation systems
Functional monitoring of V-belt-driven fans in technical building systems.
Switch cabinet heating
Monitoring the switch cabinet heater for defects.